Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Last Shot

So here's the last shot of NiO in its current state. I'm breaking all the code away from some template QuakeC stuff so it should look more interesting here in the next week, assuming I get time away from HT to do so.

Right now, you can pick up weapons and select them in an inventory through a very rudimentary interface. I'm looking for the traditional AiTD one (selections at the top half, actions at the bottom right, pictorial at the bottom left). That's not in the code, yet, so I need to study QuakeC a bit more to do that. Entities in Darkplaces versus QuakeC are more manageable, reminds me a lot of how HT is, except way simpler than that. Since DP code is already there, it's either modifying it, expanding upon it, or rewriting but DP takes most of the frustration out of hard QC coding.

Beware of the checkered hallways!

No comments:

Post a Comment